Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Creative Space - Getting my Mojo Back

Not much going on here, just trying to get my Creative Mojo back. I had the pieces ready for a zipper pouch ready for a little while and they had been staring at me saying "Please Sew Me!" for a while now... in an effort to get my groove on i finally sewed it tonight, i did it a bit rushed, but it is for my neice which is coming up from Melbourne for my party in 2 weeks (2 weeks eeeckkk!!) and she will love it.



I had screen printed my Bee Girl Design on some fabric scraps but didn't leave enough room at the top so the girl is a bit chopped off, but it was just an experiment...

Also i found this old skool pattern at the op shop. $1.50. BARGAIN! Look at those cute hippos!

For more creative inspiration pop over to Kootoyoo... her weekly Creative Space is what keeps me going each week, thanks so much!!

22 comments:

Guest said...

That zipper pouch looks great - I hope my mojo comes back soon for crafting... I hate droughts!

Amanda said...

The pouch is adorable!! I am a bit of a rushed sewer so I can relate...Hope you find your mojo.....

Christy said...

i am almost positive I have used that pattern to make hippos when I was in elementary school. I don't remember much except they used an ENORMOUS amount of stuffing and we couldn't get the legs to stay underneath...the body was so big and heavy that the legs kept collapsing.

Kylie said...

I think it's fabulous, Katy! I totally love that pattern too - great find :) K

june at noon (gretchen) said...

What a cute pouch! I tend to have trouble getting from the idea to the prep, and then from the prep to the sewing. I feel like it's going to be soooo hard, and then when I actually do it I'm amazed how simple it was. :-/

Guest said...

I really like the colours you chose for the pouch and the Bee Girl you screen printed. What a great bargin that you got, cute pattern. :)

annamaria potamiti said...

Very sweet your pouch- fun ,warm colours! the pattern looks like a bargain, good luck with it!
Annamaria

Kellie said...

That pouch is fabulous ~ love the bright colours.

Kirsty said...

The pouch looks terrific!

http://woollywotnots.wordpress.com said...

These are going to be so popular! The fabric is so inviting.

Michelle said...

I love the zippered pouch! Hope the rest of your creative mojo comes back soon!

Michelle said...

PLUS the hippos are CUTE! Gosh I love hippos.

Thea said...

The colours are adorable. I'm sure your niece will love it.

Carleen said...

Bee Girls works wonderfully well with those fabrics - she's definately gonna love her! I am also quite taken with those hippos....can't wait to see them in with Katy flair!

Lucy Bowler said...

The pouch looks great - doesn't look as though your mojo is missing anymore!!

Gina Denholm said...

Good on you, sometimes the answer does seem to be just to make SOMETHING, doesn't it?! It turned out very cute.

Lauren - owlet said...

Lovely colours!

Cindy said...

It looks so great on everything your gorgeous print

Danielle said...

Loving the vintage pattern too!

Tinniegirl said...

What a gorgeous purse. Love the colours and the print.

Lisa said...

Love the pink and orange pouch - your design finishes it off perfectly!!

Rachel said...

These look awesome Katy, I loved your party dress by the way. You are so clever! Great work on getting your Mojo back.
By the way I just tagged you in 5 things...