Sunday, October 19, 2008

My First Tutorial - Nintendo DS Pouch






Email me at whatkatydiddesign (at) gmail.com, and i will email you the pdf tutorial within a day. It is 12 pages long with instructional drawing and photos. I would love to here feedback from anybody who makes one, was it easy to understand, could i improve any instructions. You are all my guinea pigs!

I was given a Nintendo DS by my husband for my birthday (one of those presents that you know the giver is just as excited about getting - and using - as the receiver). The first thing I had to do, after I played Brain Train and Sonic for hours, was make a pouch to keep it in.

I posted a picture of it here and Heather asked me to make her one to put in our swap. So i thought maybe there might be some other people out there interested in making one to!

This finished pouch is available, maybe we could do a swap, just leave a comment if you are interested.

Also don't forget to enter my giveaway here, only 3 days to go!.

12 comments:

Bellgirl said...

Very pretty- I love the fabric! Don't have a nintendo myself but I'm sure it's adaptable

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Super exciting! I love first tutorials!!! This is super useful too. I usually toss my DS into my bag, I should totally make this! I'll be linking to this project as well.

KH said...

That is so cool. I have that sparrow fabric, I wish I had the stripe though, it looks so sweet.

Bethel of Bethania said...

G'day Katy
Welcome to PostCrossing ... I'm Bethelcallin on PostCrossing... I love your Nintendo pouch & the material is rather yummy - I'll be back to have a better look around, soon ... OOroo ... Bethel of Bethania

Leslie said...

Very clever and very cute!

BG said...

It's just beautiful. I'm a bit of a nintendo girl myself- they have lots of unusual fun things on both DS and the Wii
You have a lovely blog,
Belinda

Le said...

Beautiful material ... and has your site had a make over since last time I was here - if yes it looks fab - if no it always looked fab ! le

Hippomanic Jen said...

You must be very clever and crafty. I love it when people can design the perfect thingamy to do something particular.

Dee said...

Hi, came via WTBAY, very creative! I dont have a DS myself, but it looks good.

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

Hi, I just found your tute via One Pretty Thing - perfect timing, as I need to whip up some quick gifts for some girls in the Uk who are glued to their DS's!

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

Quick question (from someone who does not have a DS) - what are the measurements of the DS and the games? That would be a handy edit on the tute for those of use who don't have them.

I'm off to cut my fabric now...

Anonymous said...

thanks for this wonderful tute I found it through Sparkly Green Knickers and I REALLY hope to make one before xmas for my daughter who is getting a DS!!!! I have JUST the fabric