Friday, May 15, 2009

Windy Daze

In the previous post i spoke about coming up with designs for my screen printing workshop tomorrow... and how using Illustrator created very clean, even designs and i wanted something a bit rougher? Well... i made a little sketch and took a photo.
Put it into photoshop, converted it to black and white. Adjusted the curves to make it black and white.


Then used my brush anderaser to go around filling in areas and deleting other areas.mmm.. i think it is missing something!
Made another sketch, of a windy girl... took a photo and whack that in Photoshop too...

Adjusted to curves again and cut her out....
Stuck her in with the tree and filled in spaces....Adjusted to picture of her dandelion and a few tid bits...
And Wa La!! I am so happy with this!! It has the handrawn style I like and the silhouette effect I was looking for. I was thinking i could screen print it and make a purse out of it with a Nicole M Design Pattern. You could print in on plain or patterned fabric for extra effect... Here is a example i prepared earlier!
I just got a picture of a purse to show you :-) Put it in Photoshop and put my Windy Daze image over the top and changed the layer effect to Multiply. I think the balance is a bit off but i am happy i have a good, relatively simple design to take to the screenprinting workshop.
What do you think? Your feedback is appreciated!

6 comments:

edward and lilly said...

Oh wow, I love it sooooo much. You should totally make them!

CurlyPops said...

I love that! There are endless possibilites - a decorative panel on a bag - a screen printed tea towel....
Have fun with the printing!

Rachel said...

That is really cute!

CGDK said...

It looks great (I actually liked the white in her dress). And you can start new designs anywhere you have paper! As curlyPops said -endless possibilities

Kylie said...

I think it's wonderful! You should absolutely make them.

Leah said...

Awsome totally love it! Well done