Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Creative Space - a Creative Mess!




Paints in a variety of colours, a rubber spatula for scraping up left over ink, a squegee for printing and some scraps of vinyl for taping over different areas on my screen.

I am testing some things on my Yudu, like printing onto wood, it is a Kaiser Craft wooden coaster, i covered with some plain white paint, let it dry...


and then printed on it with my Yudu... (for more info on this process click here)


Da Da! How cool is that! It's just a test but it would be awesome to have a placemat, table runner and coaster set wouldn't it!

Here is a sneaky peeky of the screen i am going to burn on the weekend. I am going to try some tea towels, and some repetitive patterns.



For more Yudu'ing click here for my past posts on my new machine.


Completely unrelated...One funky 1970's Vintage Table Cloth for my 1970's party, bought on Ebay. Nearly one month to my party!

Hop over to Kootoyoo for more great creative spaces, they are always very inspirations so you should check a few out to get your creative juices flowing..


27 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Katy, Sorry I haven't been consistently checking in lately - baby busy-ness. Love what you're doing with your fancy screenprinter. Bought some blank teatowels myself recently. I'll get you the details if you like? Just let me know. I got cotton/linen because the price point was lower and have been really happy with their 'washability'.

Katy said...

Wow, that would be awesome! If you want to keep your sources secret just pop me an email! Or you could sell them in your shop?

Linda said...

your screen printing is so gorgeous can't wait to see what you do on the weekend

Emjie said...

Your work is truly inspiring. I'd love to get into printing.

Kirsty said...

That Yudo is just taunting me. It's so cool.

Handmaiden said...

love looking at the process

Kylie said...

Wow Katy! You've been doing all kinds of fabulous things! Love that 70s tablecloth too - I'd be tempted to make a frock out of it! :) K

Guest said...

Very cool what you are using- I would love to try out something like it one day- great fun!!
Annamaria

june at noon (gretchen) said...

You're making me want to shell out some cash for a Yudu. Looks great! (And I like your blog banner, by the way.)

Leslie said...

That tablecloth is perfect!

ErinBassett said...

Isn't it fun discovering what you can print on?! I love it. Your designs are great too!!

Umatji said...

printing always makes me jealous so I try not to look! My quick peek said it looked good though! I love the haiku bags - is it a hard pattern?

Gina Denholm said...

Printing on coasters - now that's cool.
And I'm in envy of that tablecloth. What will you be doing with it after the 70s party? Hint, hint!

Megan: The Byron Life said...

That tablecloth is fantastic!!

Lucy Bowler said...

The yudu is keeping you very busy! Fun to be experimenting with so many different materials.

Katy said...

ooo thats a good idea, i love keeping things from the past - i see it is preserveing art history :-) the husband thinks is hoarding!

Katy said...

No - not hard at all, just cut out the side shape twice, cut a 2inch strip to run down the sides and across the bottom, make two, lining and outer and whack a handle on!

Katy said...

Ha! I know... it is very cool!

woollywotnots said...

Oh wow, you are a Yudo Queen!!!

Lauren - owlet said...

Oooh the best kind of creative space!! Looks like you're having fun printing!

Tania said...

I really really hope that somewhere in my destiny, there is a funky little printer just like yours!

Melanie said...

Ooooh, how fun! I hope the Yudu fairy visits my house someday :)

Rebecca said...

Katie, I am loving the tree design!

Rebecca said...

oops, I mean Katy - sorry I am so slow this morning, need to go have another coffee :)

I just checked the comments on the brown owls post and I reckon there is definitely enough interest for the yudu demo if you are still up for it?

Kellie said...

Ooh, that's looks very cool. Off to check it out!

Guest said...

Looks like you're going to have loads of fun with your Yudu! :)

m.e (cathie) said...

I have just popped into your blog...wow!!! fantastic.
Looking forward to visiting more often.