Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Creative Space - Giraffes, Hippos and Elephants!



My current creative space is my iron board where i have been creating this purse from a pattern from Nicole M Design! I bought this Japanese fabric from a stand at the Stitches and Craft Show because the cute little animals gave me some embroidery inspirations...

So i started embroidering and elephant - i did his little trunk 3 times before it didn't look like a misshapen 5th limb. When it's completed it will go into my shop and it will also come with a wee surprise in made out of the same fabric. Next i think i will do one with the hippo on!

What do you think?



12 comments:

Leslie said...

I love the fabric and the elephant is so cute!

LEAH said...

Your elephant is very sweet, Welcome to Brown Owls! I just joined this year here in Melbourne.

Kate said...

Ironing boards are such a great standby. I love the fabric.

Kirsty said...

It's looking great. What sweet fabric.

Jemma. said...

Wow, you're much more clever than me. Using pieced fabric for the purse. Very nice!

handmaiden said...

great gabric choice and I am loving grey at the moment mixed with orange

frutejuce said...

Nice cute elephant there.

Michelle said...

The elephant looks great. That will be a very sweet purse when it is finished.

Lucy Bowler said...

Gorgeous elephant! He's fantastic. Once I finish my next project I think a spot of embroidery is on the cards...

Tania said...

No fifth limb from my perspective - definitively a trunk (and truly scrummy fabric!).

two hippos said...

love it, and can't wait to see the hippos!

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Most definitely a trunk and bring on the hippos! Any plans for more African animals (e.g. lion) after the hippo?