Monday, October 6, 2008

My New Creation



So i haven't been blogging about my sewing for a while, i have to wait a week before i can blog about my most beautful creation so far (just in case the birthday girl reads my blog!) buit i did create this bib for my up and coming Nephew.

I used this wonderful tutorial from Chickpea Studio, gezzz bias binding is a bastard! (excuse my language!) I hide my shocking job with a nice zigzag stitch, but i have read some good tips since so hopefully my next go is a bit better!

The fabric is so cute, it has little goldfish with their names under neath, it's by Heather Rodd for Freespirit, in the range called Lightning Bugs and Other Mysteries.

Chickpea studios has lots of great tutorials, some great maternity stuff, check it out!

Also hello to Mindy! She is the lucky recipient of the Swap i am doing over at Sunshine and Lemonade. It's "Things You Love". I hope you like my gifts!

Also, look at this cool vase i got for $1.50 from the op shop!

1 comment:

Bellgirl said...

Wonderful bib- I love the fabric! My little boy has started pointing at the pet shop window and saying 'fish' so I take him in for a look.

I've used a couple of Heather Ross fabrics, for bibs too as it happens- my favorite one had pictures of Volkswagen Campervans!