Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Creation

I got this great pattern from Pink Penguin and tried it out, it's so little and cute and i got to use some of the fabric i got in my swap from Heather, without using too much so i can make something proper out of it! I haven't made quilt squares before, i can see how people get addicted to cutting out shapes and sewing them together, though i am far from good at getting all the seams to line up. It is deceptively small to, but that just makes it cute! I am making another one for a swap i am doing over at Sunshine and Lemonade. I love this swap stuff.



I also used my first attempt at printing on fabric. I bought "Matilda's Own" Inkjet Printable Fabric. I just printed it, let it dry and soaked it in water to remove any excess ink and dried it, then made a little square (the one with WKD on it, if you can see it) and made a litttle seam tag, just as a try, i am still working on a good dsesign for my tags and whatknots. I bought the Printable paper at my favourite fabric shop, Bayside Quilts. There are some amazing fabrics there and some lovely ladies too. I bet they are just nice to me coz everytime i go in there i spend too much money!

I have a few projects on the go, a tutorial for my Nintendo Case, a Tutorial for a new bag design i am working on and a few other secrets.. I haven't had much time to blog as i am busy creating (or slowly turning into Rainman, if you ask my husband. I am a little worried though as my parcel i sent to America to Heather as part of our swap hasn't got her parcel yet, does any one know how long it should take for a parcel to get from Australian to Ohio? God i hope it hasn't gotten lost, i would be devasted :-(

6 comments:

Heather said...

Nope, still no package :( Maybe it got slowed down with all the hurricanes/fuel shortages here?

I am so glad to see this adorable bag made with that fabric. I just knew you would do something amazing with it! And I am loving the new look of your blog. As Borat would say, "Very nice". (Have you seen Borat? Crude but funny, with some great quotables).

I'll let you know as soon as I receive my package.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i have been wanting to do the fabric printing thing...now i feel i must! i'm glad it worked out for you...and the WKD square is totally fab! love the quilt square purse...you are so stinking talented! i have purse love!

Heather said...

I got it, I got it, I got it today! I emailed you, also, and I am posting a blog post about it tomorrow. I love it! Isabel has already put her Nintendo DS in her pouch, and I can't wait to read those books to Gabe (who turned into the cranky crocodile and needed a nap). Elijah will love the money and the bookmarks!

Thank you so much! This was so fun!

BITR Country Girl said...

I found your blog on Heather's blog and I thought I'd drop by and say hi. I think that little tote bag is super cute.

Leslie said...

Your art work is gorgeous! I looked at all your bracelets and the latest bag is so pretty!

I really enjoyed looking through your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Printable Fabric! Yowza! I've got to get my hands on some! Who knew?! I'm adding that to my Christmas wish list.