Thursday, September 25, 2008

It Has Arrived!

Today i received my swap gift from Heather. I am sooo lucky, I have received the most beautiful fabric and so many other wonderful things. I feel like what i have sent is not enough now! Here is the story...

I was driving home and, as I have everyday since i sent my parcel, waswalking up the steps thinking "oooo.. I wonder if my parcel has come today". But today was different thanyesterday, and the day before, and the day before that, it was sitting there waiting for me!
So I brung it inside and got my camera, here it is!

Iopened it it up and the first thing I saw was the wonderful bright fabric, the patterns and colours are like nothing I have seen before, I love it! And all three Heather have sent all go together, I actually feel slightly ill trying to think what I could possibly make out of it that would show it off the best. It is sooo lovely! She also sent some lovely hand made cards, (below) they have beautiful designs, some lollies, (I Luurve Lollies) and some American money, which can go in a little box I keep foreign money from all over the world in. Heather also wrote me a lovely card, I feel so lucky and happy. I can only hope heather likes what I have sent as much as I like what she has sent me.

THANKYOU HEATHER!!!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, I am so excited!!! I'm so glad you like your gift; I wasn't sure if you'd like the cards or not. I can't believe it got there so fast! Isabel can't wait to see her DS pouch, and I can't wait to see the sausage dog...

Don't worry about if you sent enough; I'm just thrilled to be part of my very first international exchange. And you put so much work into your projects; it will be more than enough!

You are so sweet to do such a great post. Isn't blogging great?!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

those hand made cards are super fab!

Bellgirl said...

Ooh I love that blue leaf fabric!- looking forward to seeing what you make -no pressure, don't feel ill :)

Becky said...

Heather is my best friend here in the states, and I want to say you made her day with this post! She was very excited sending it to you!

Louisa Claire said...

Hi Katy, Great to "meet" you on Where the blog are you? So glad you are going to be checking in regularly. Please let me know if you'd like to be featured and where you would like your blog to be indexed. You can email me at thebloggingaussie@gmail.com
Cheers, Louisa

Le said...

Hello Katy - I found you thru Where the Blog are You ... when I searched under Queensland bloggers.

I had to come you first beacuse of your blog name - what Katy did ..

I loved those books - I hope you know the ones I mean ... as a child I think I read the whole series ...

Anyways love to have some Brisbane company on the scene - cheers for now Le

Le said...

Hello Katy - following on from your recent comment - so does that mean I am the same age as your mum ... well that just shattered me (not) ... apart from kindy and school mums I have not been compared to someone's mum - at 41 years would I be old enough to have you as a daughter ....

BTW - love your bracelets - very spec - cheers le

Le said...

well thanks for sorting me out Katy .. I am sighing with relief ... will be back soon -cheers le